Sunday, 6 September 2015

Expect The Unexpected

Hi everyone.

I hope you had a good Bank Holiday weekend and didn't get too wet!

It might not have escaped your notice if you've been reading my last few posts that there hasn't been an awful lot of crafting going on recently. In fact I've just looked back at the post list and it is over three months since I last posted a craft project. As this is supposed to be My Kind Of Crafting Blog, I could be in trouble with the Trade Descriptions Act.

To cut a long story short, as my late father was fond of saying, I have been feeling less and less enthusiastic about crafting and more and more passionate about designing, so much so that I have now decided to make a major career change and become an independent creative designer.

To say that this is unexpected is an understatement. As someone who can't draw for toffee (or even chocolate) and who had absolutely no idea know what a graphics programme was, let alone how to use one, until about three years ago, I certainly didn't see this coming. But I feel sure I have made the right decision and although I'm having the occasional wobble, I'm absolutely convinced I have to give it a go.

So...the bad news is that I won't be blogging here regularly any more, only when/if I have a craft project to share. The good news is that I have set up a brand new blog for designing and I'll be posting there on a regular basis and sharing my design work, as well as tips and techniques, which I hope will inspire and interest you. It would be great if you could join me over there.

My Kind Of Designing Blog is at:
http://www.melissalawrencedesigner.blogspot.co.uk/

Meanwhile, thank you so much for taking the time to read my craft blog posts and for any comments you may have made. It was really, really appreciated.

Au revoir!


Copyright Melissa Lawrence 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment