Monday, 27 July 2015

CraftScapes Summer Seaside Digikit

Hi everyone.

Well, July is really whizzing by, isn't it? If we're not careful it will soon be You Know What.

What with computer problems, financial problems, health problems and the Tour de France (watching it, not riding it) once again it's not been my most productive couple of weeks ever. I can't blame the hot weather either. I actually have the central heating on at the moment. But don't worry sun lovers. Apparently it is going to warm up again in August.

Of course, this is the time of year when despite the inclement weather, many of us head for the seaside. If like me you can't get there in person at the moment, designing or crafting on a seaside theme might be the next best thing.

As I've mentioned before, I love the CraftScapes digikits from DaisyTrail. These are kits which contain all the elements to create beautiful digital watercolour style scenes when you add them to the amazing CraftArtist software. They are really quick and easy to put together and the results can be stunning.

I recently treated myself to the lovely Summer Seaside digikit which has everything you need to create "the charm of the English seaside" including beach huts, cliff tops, boats, sandcastles, lighthouses, seabirds and lovely backgrounds. You can almost smell the fish and chips!

I had great fun creating these three projects to share with you. Hopefully you can see from my work how versatile the kits can be and feel inspired to have a go at putting together some "seaside specials" of your own.

The first project is a piece of 10 x 8 home decor. To be honest, it was a bit of a competition with myself to see how many embellishments from the digikit I could use in one design and still make it into something worthwhile. Hopefully I've succeeded.



My second project is the complete opposite, proving that you don't need to create a busy scene every time. Just a few elements from the kit can create a simple but striking design such as in this A5 card front. You can even personalise it with someone's name on the boat if you wish.



Finally, a scrapbook page which took me considerably longer to create than I intended, mainly because I couldn't resist adding the faded figures from the original photo in the background. This isn't particularly difficult thanks to the magic of the Cut Out Studio in the software but it did take me a while to get it just right. I liked the idea of the "ghosts" from the past (sadly everyone in the photo has passed away) contrasting with the modern seaside imagery as I felt it told more of a story.



All designs 
Copyright Melissa Lawrence 2015



And that's all for now. Enjoy the summer, whether you get to the seaside or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment