Monday, 15 June 2015

Hot Off The Press Red Velvet Kit

Hi everyone.

Here I am again after a couple of weeks away from my craft blog. I can't believe it's the middle of June already, in fact we're getting close to the longest day now after which the nights start drawing in. Hoorah. (Sorry!)

I've been very busy trying to find an agent for my current book so although I've still done quite a lot of designing, crafting has been a bit thin on the ground. I did however manage to do a "real-life" 8 x 8 scrapbook page (as opposed to a digital one) which I'm very pleased about as I tend to shy away from these for some reason. However I did find this one a lot easier than most so maybe that will spur me on to do some more.

One of the reasons I think I found this page fairly straightforward was because I used one of the fabulous Hot Off The Press Artful Card Kits. I love these kits and have several in my "stash" although they are not always that easy to get hold of in the UK. The kits are not only beautifully designed with great colourisation and lovely die-cut embellishments and papers, but absolutely everything co-ordinates perfectly. You also get a helpful sheet of project layouts and ideas so you can't really go wrong.

I chose the Red Velvet kit because I wanted to use this monochrome photo of my late parents' wedding day and the red and very dark brown colours of the kit work really well with a black and white photo. I "fussy-cut" some of the flowers from a matching sheet of backing paper to decoupage the flowers on my chosen background paper which gave the page some added dimension. The embellishments were all taken from the kit and so were the "gems" as the kit comes with "dazzles" which are lovely raised glittery stickers in several different sizes. I think you'll agree that when you put them on the page, they do look like actual gems.

If you'd like to try a Hot Off The Press Artful Card Kit for yourself, you should be able to find a selection on the Paper Wishes website. I've just checked and the Red Velvet kit is still there.

Have fun and I'll see you in a couple of weeks by which time I hope to have found an agent!


Copyright Melissa Lawrence 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment