Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Docrafts Papermania Bellissima Card

Hi everyone.

January seems a long while ago now but I've only just found time to make a card with the lovely Docrafts Papermania Bellissima Ultimate Die-Cut & Paper Pack which I treated myself to for my birthday.

I've always been a fan of Docrafts particularly their Papermania range and these "Ultimate" kits are among some of my favourites. You get so much for your money as they are absolutely packed with elements including die-cut toppers, tags, gift boxes, borders, decoupage and fabulous co-ordinating backing papers. In fact, don't tell anyone, but yesterday I treated myself to one of their latest kits, the gorgeous Simply Floral and it wasn't even my birthday!

As well as paper kits, Docrafts manufacture lots of useful craft tools such as dies and embossing folders. I recently bought their Xcut Rose Frame 6x6 Embossing Folder and decided to use it with some white Centura Pearl Card to make a card front. This was the starting point for this card and I worked out from there, choosing one of my newly discovered 7x7 scalloped cards for the base card and selecting a pretty sentiment topper and co-ordinating backing paper from the kit.

The black doillies from my "stash" were a surprise addition but they seemed to work with the other colours. I also "fussy-cut" (as they like to call it!) some flowers and leaves from the backing paper to make the raised embellishment, then die-cut a butterfly from silver mirror board and layered it onto another butterfly which was die-cut from the backing paper.

There is still enough left in the kit for about another hundred cards!

If you'd like to see some more designs made with this kit (and others), I'd highly recommend taking a look at the incredibly talented Katie Skilton's Docrafts Gallery for more inspiration. You can find it at https://www.docrafts.com/Members/KatieSkilton

Until next time, Happy Crafting!



Copyright Melissa Lawrence 2105
        

No comments:

Post a Comment